This interactive course is designed to provide a solid foundation in key leadership competencies and to afford you the opportunity for a truly transformational leadership experience. You will complete a self-assessment of your project leadership skills, then master the basics of essential leadership competencies such as setting direction, aligning people, motivating and inspiring, leading teams, communicating, building relationships, facilitating ethical conduct, negotiating and leading change. You will also gain a clear understanding of why communication is so important regardless of how a project is organized then discover how business and personal ethics can influence not only your leadership style but also the final course a project will take.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the basic properties of projects, including their definitions.
- Understand why effective project management is such a challenge.
- Differentiate between project management practices and more traditional, process-oriented business functions.
- Recognize the key motivators that are pushing companies to adopt project management practices.
- Understand and explain the project life cycle, its stages, and the activities that typically occur at each stage in the project.
- Understand the concept of project “success,” including various definitions of success, as well as the alternative models of success.
- Distinguish between the role of a manager and the characteristics of a leader.
- Understand the concept of emotional intelligence as it relates to how project managers lead.
- Recognize traits that are strongly linked to effective project leadership.
- Identify the key roles that project champions play in project success.
- Recognize the principles that typify the new project leadership.
- Understand the development of project management professionalism in the discipline.
- Understand the steps involved in project team building.
- Know the characteristics of effective project teams and why teams fail.
- Know the stages in the development of groups.
- Describe how to achieve cross-functional cooperation in teams.
- Understand the nature of conflict and evaluate response methods.
- Understand the importance of negotiation skills in project management.
Enrolment is now open for January, April, July, or October. Please contact us for more information.
Course Name | Code: Emotional Intelligence and Project Leadership | CPRM 102
Course Fees: $775
Delivery: Virtual Instructor-Led
Platform: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or similar
Duration: 11 weeks / 42 hours / 11 weekly sessions / 4 hours per session
This course is one of the four required courses to obtain the Associate in Project Management Certificate. more